Tuesday, June 5, 2012

first week back and...

i am voiceless.  makes for an interesting music teaching experience.  but thanks to my raspy whisper i got to experience:


1. the youngest of my students running up with joy, yelling, "ba leslie! ba leslie!" only to stop dead in their tracks awkwardly when i would respond with an unnaturally low, "hi-(squeak)-iii!"


2. my students proving that they actually learned something in my class last term when i could simply point to a circle on the board and they would yell out, "whole note!"


3. a slightly unconventional music class consisting of a room full of students dancing around and singing praises to God, while i simply smiled and danced along 


4. teaching my drama club members (that's right.  we have a drama club now!) how to play charades (for obvious reasons)  

hopefully next week i'll actually be able to talk and (heaven help me!) sing too!


ooh! and speaking of students and school and the like, check out our new school uniforms!  aren't they great!? 




here's a little video too, which also demonstrates the best my voice has been all week.


2 comments:

alisonsutter said...

Loooove the uniforms! It was so great to cath up with you. Hope your voice makes a quick return!

smw said...

cute uniforms. :) hope you can sing again soon, but it sounds like your improvising well. :)