Thursday, December 27, 2007

oi, with the poodles already!

well christmas was a success...almost.

before i begin i feel like this post is in need of a disclaimer: i do understand the real meaning of christmas, and gifts and candy do not determine it's success. having said that...

my dear pal tamika paige showered me with candy this year on the eve of christmas eve, including two of my most favorite kinds of chewy treats...sour patch kids and mamba. hhhmmm! well upon coming home from church mom and dad's house quickly filled with little children...lots of children. in fact the ration of child to adult in our family is now 1:1! something must be done...soon...ahem...

anyway, we were wall upstairs when i decided to venture downstairs and i came upon a frightful sight. simon the destroyer was destroying, completely obliterating, MY candy! "NOT THE SOUR PATCH KIDS!" my heart cried out within me. phew...he was only eating the smarties. (now tami, let me explain) while these smarties were about the coolest smarties imaginable due to their immense size, (seriously folks, these things are huge) there is just no comparison to sour patch kids. you can take just about any candy out there ( minus tropical typhoon mike and ikes) and they will all fall short to the sweet mystery that is sour patch kids candy. anyway enough on that...so i ran down and grab the half pack of gargantuan smarties out of his hands and said,

"simon let's not eat these okay." "noooo." "but simon we're going to eat soon and these are aunt leslie's." "noooo." "well, maybe later you can have some but for now we're going to put them way up here..." "noooo." "...where little kids can't reach them and then maybe later..." "noooo." "...i will share some with you, okay si..." "noooo." "...mon. later you can have some." "noooo."

phew...crisis averted. my candy was safe atop the heights of the bookshelf...or so i thought. unfortunately i forgot to factor in the big kids. later that night we were going to watch the bourne ultimatum (yeah, i know...real christmassy) and i said in my innocent, trusting, naive way, "ooh, i'm going to eat my sour patch kids while we watch!"

i looked over at kory and his face immediately flushed. in my innocence i thought it was flushed with excitement over the thought of partaking of my candy...which i quickly responded, "don't even think about it! those are mine!" (obviously filled with the christmas spirit of love and generosity) "ha..ha..ha" he laughed nervously. "um, do you mean the sour patch kids on the book shelf downstairs?" "kory you didn't! did you at least save the mamba?" "um, do you mean the stuff inside the sour patch kids bag?" "KORY!" "well clint and i found it and were really pumped so we ate them." "all of them?" "um...yeah."

bitter woe!

on a happier note. i got the full dvd set of the gilmore girls! every episode ever! and better yet...it comes in a barbie case! hhhmmm. i love being a girl.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Oh I'm so sorry...I didn't realize my husband was also a partaker of that terrible atrocity!!

Tami said...

oh...my....dear...leslie. my heart was in knots the entire time knowing how this story must end. i mourne with you. if only sour patch kids would cost only $3...oh wait, i think they do. :) however, i know the very sinking feeling of seeing someone eat the last of your candy. VERY SAD...i would demand kory and clint buy you a bag of both sour patch kids and mambas!(just in case they're reading)
fun gift! i feel a marathon is needed...not running...well, that's needed but we wont mention that. love ya. :)

Rebekah said...

If I were Gary and Marla, I would have given a little flick on the top of both those boys' heads...oh wait, they aren't so little are they! It's such a dissapointment to have been planning on something sweet and then to have it tragically taken away!!! "Hope deffered maketh the heart sick" That Solomon knew what he was talking about...

Alesa said...

Leslie..I feel for you...I think my Clint would be in the same despair if someone ate his Sour Patch Kids :)