Wednesday, October 8, 2008

another 7

Tagged_thumb[1][1].jpg

okay, so i've already done this (see here) but i guess, for the sake of my dear friend sarah, i'll submit myself to a little post. boy are you all lucky, because you don't get the privilege of learning just 7 weird facts about me, but 14. i know, pretty cool, eh?

ahem...

8. sometimes for dinner i eat an entire package of crackers...and that's all.

proof that i need to grocery shop more often than i do and take food to work...other than crackers.

9. (sarah this one's for you) big spiders scare me so badly they can make me cry

i feel really kind of stupid about that one, but what can you do? sometimes when i play 'jak and daxter' (since i'm assuming not many jr high boys are reading this, i'll expound...that's a video game) there's this on part called 'the spider cave' with really fake looking spiders and i can hardly handle it. oh, and the 'lord of the rings' video game is horrible because the spiders are actually lifelike! when i saw that movie and shelob (the spider monster) came i sat there with my knees pulled up to my chest, covered my tear filled eyes and chanted over and over, "i can't handle this!" yeah, it's that bad. it all started when i saw "arachnophobia" when i was around 5 years old. apparently it was effective!

10. i don't really enjoy chocolate...except for maybe once a month...(if i was a bashful person i'd be blushing right now)

actually, i really don't like plain m&m's but if i start eating them i seriously cannot stop... it's like i'm a masochist (that may be just a bit over dramatic)

11. i've always wanted to shave my head...just once

alas and alack it will never happen, because my mother would disown me. i'll just have to wait till she's either dead or delirious...but by then i'll probably (hopefully) be old enough that my hair will be falling out on its own, which isn't quite what i had in mind.

12. after attempting to learn russian for over 3 years now, i'm still not fluent enough have a conversation with anyone unless it's a very basic conversation about fruit or clothes

enough said about that...it's too depressing to talk about.

13. my best friends are mom and dad

yeah, i'm that freak kid that would rather spend any given evening with her parents than her friends.  mom actually had to force me to live away from home my jr. year of college.  i moved out to go to community college my first two years and then came back home when i transferred (i know it's usually the other way around) and i thought i was just going to move back in with mom and dad...but my mother didn't dig it.  good thing, too, because i probably would have become a recluse.

14. my body is wired to hawaii's time zone

i have always had major issues sleeping at night and getting up in the morning.  it's actually pretty frustrating sometimes, because i'll really try to get good sleep and go to bed at like 11:00, but as soon as my head hits that pillow i'm wired and then can't sleep till about 1:00 or 2:00.  but one time my family went to hawaii and i was totally blown away because every night i was dead tired at 10:00 and woke up naturally at 6:00!   it was easy as that.  that's when i realized...i was intended for a life in hawaii!  what can i say but, "Lord, where You send me i will go!"

as far as people to send to, i think i'm going to skip that part, because i don't read enough blogs and i think all the blogs i do read have already been hit...well most of them.

7 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

YAY! I really didn't think you'd do it, Leslie. I'm so glad it worked...I've definitely missed reading your blog!

love your list...I knew you'd have funny ones!

Thanks for playing tag and welcome back :)

leah said...

ah, i miss your blog too...you are so funny!! :)

haha. and i can't believe you don't like chocolate and that i'm actually you're fun.

getting really excited to hang out with you girls in indy on the 31st. it's going to be so fun. i think i may dress up as a spider. wahhaahaaa

Tami said...

great post, leisle. i'm actually pretty much right with you with each of those except for the spider thing. i dislike them, but i've experienced your horror for them, and it defnitely outdoes me. :) but i agree...i can't even watch or listen to that horrible spider scene in lord of the rings. nasty!!!
btw, i've started round 3 of detox, so i'm guessing, we probably wont be hanging out for 40 days. love ya.

Klint said...

Leslie,

Reading your Blog reminded me of Sarah. I'm not a night person, and when I get tired at 8:30 my wife still has about 5 hours of energy left. *sigh* Oh well, I really don't like to sleep anyway. Great te hear from you again!!

megs @ whadusay said...

Holy Monkeys - she's back. Thanks Sarah for pulling her back into blogland!

You make me laugh - especially the last bit about being made for Hawaii - I never knew that about you. :)

Jami said...

I also didn't remember that Hawaii tidbit about you. It's good to hear from you again...you slacker you! :)

Jonathan E. said...

Ironically and also somewhat creepy, I share exact same feelings about your parents. I would prolly rather hang out with them then pretty much any of my friends and my family.

I also wouldn't mind living with them in their extra room at the dunes, I mean it's close to my classes and only 5 minutes from the hospital. I don't think I would drive them crazy in the first two days.