Tuesday, October 14, 2008

my dad's the coolest!

(i'm beautiful in this picture, i know, but it's all i had)
~
so, let's see, about a month ago my dad was on 'moneylife' (check here...he aired 9/18 and it's called 'blessings from brokeness') yeah, he's kind of famous. (emphasis on kind of) but i was able to listen to it online and and i have to admit, i was brought to tears, which is a rare occurance indeed...see here(#9) and here(5th paragraph) and here and here(#5)
~
while i was listening, i was struck with the overwhelming knowledge of how truly blessed i am...
~
1. for amazing Godly parents who seek Him daily
~
2. for a dad who is transparent enough to get emotional on live radio
~
3. for the opportunity to use all that my good ol' dad (and you too, mom) has taught me and hopefully be able to someday say i'm like him.
~
thanks, dad! i love you!

9 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

I'll have to admit: Gary IS pretty cool.

I heard him on Money Life that day (one of my friends called & told me)...I was so excited! He did a great job.

Go Gary!

megs @ whadusay said...

Ditto what you said!

Love you Dad!

MarknBarb said...

I agree with my daughter. Gary is VERY cool and I was "amening" him all the way through the interview. By the way, he does walk his talk.

Mark G

Jami said...

Amen to all those comments.

I LOVE YOU TOO DAD!!

leah said...

agree to agree....


(i took that mighty fine cool picture by the way!)

Jonathan E. said...

One time when I lived at ISU, Gary broke into my apartment when I was in Peoria and stole my computer and $500 cash that I wanted to use for tuition. Then he slashed my tires.

Leslie Ringger said...

give him a break, jonathan. every brilliant man has his dark side. all for the sake of orphans.

taryn said...

Hi Leslie. That's great. I didn't know you had a blog, but now I do and I'm going to start visiting. Hope life is well.

Jim Diamond said...

Your Dad sounds too good to be true