Tuesday, November 27, 2007

creature of habit

i've come to the conclusion that i am a creature of habit and that habit's name is laziness. i know it is a hard truth to understand, but i love to do nothing!

i like to stay up late looking at nothing on my computer and sleep in even later.

i like to watch movies and read books and sit at a potters wheel for hours...with 1/2 hour breaks every hour to dance around and act like i have the talent of a professional. this, by the way, is far from the truth... bitter woe.

i like to sit at the computer when i'm at work, pretending to do something important and undoubtedly connected to the wildly fascinating world of ceramics, when really i'm writing about being lazy on my blog.

i like to play hide-and-seek with my niece and nephews, especially when one of the best hiding spots of the night involves me lying on the couch under a blanket. sweet wonder! (by the way, absolutely best spot to hide from 2 and 4-year-olds is behind a coat tree! who would have thought!)

i like to sit on the couch with candles lit and all the lights off except for mom's snow village and christmas tree.

i don't like to lay out by the pool. (lying in my own sweat for hours on end does not sound fun. if i'm going to sweat i might as well be doing something.) laying out in the pool however is a different story entirely.

unfortunately life would not lend me the time or resources to laze my life away...well maybe that's not such an unfortunate thing after all. we shall see.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Once again I say, welcome to blogland! I will enjoy reading your posts dear sister! I was sad too when the snow stopped...I'm ready for my white Christmas!!

Love you!

Marla said...

You know, Leslie, if you practice something everyday for 30 days, you can develop a NEW habit.

Tami said...

you, my dear, are hilarious. it was truly a good day when you decided to start a blog. :)

Alesa said...

Leslie...you make me laugh! Welcome to the world of blogs. :)

Love you,
Alesa

Amber said...

yea - how fun . . .reading the mind of Leslie! : )

and oh how I can relate (it must be a youngest thing). the scary thing is . . .I"M A MOTHER!!! : )

love ya!