Sunday, November 25, 2007

snow and other random thoughts

it's snowing!!! at least it was. now it has stopped again bringing a heavy sadness that only a full blanket of snow can lift. i was driving home from church today and was unable to stop smiling because snowflakes as big as my eyes were coming down at rita mae, who' s poor front bumper has a hole in it. i hope it does not rust! (note to self, get that fixed) plus, i was listening to Christmas music which never fails to put me in a good mood.
as for the bad news, my poor sisters both have illness creeping into their families, and i can only pray that i do not fall to the same tragic fate, because i have absolutely no time for such tom foolery. running a business simply will not allow any sick days.

last night i was teaching my two 4 year old nieces how to play air hockey. not an easy task. one would hit the puck (or whatever it's called) and once it stopped a little over halfway across the board the other would pick it up and set it down so she could do the same thing. then they'd look up at me and smile because they new they were doing such a good job. i had to laugh to myself because how many times do i look to my heavenly Father with those same hopeful eyes thinking i did a great job when really i have so much yet to learn. i can picture Him laughing to Himself and shaking His head at me. "good job, les. that will do just fine for now." thankfully there is time to continue to grow and i have a God who will patiently be there with me every step of the way.


2 comments:

Marla said...

Hey Leslie,
Who is sick in Megan's family?

Leslie Ringger said...

the man of the household