Monday, February 20, 2012

like a child

today as i was leaving school at 6pm one of the grade 6 boys ran out off the guys' house (which is on campus) and asked me for a ride.  i said jump in but hurry.  truth be told, i was super ready to get home and fall onto my bed and was afraid the other boys (that were currently in the house) would see him getting in my car and run out, make me wait so they could all get rides.  such a loving, selfless reaction i know.  


sometimes i laugh at myself... how i rush to sneak kids in and out of my house/car before others see and want in on the fun.  i feel the same kind of panic i had as a kid, frantically eating as much candy as possible before my mom caught me


as we drove off (at a much higher speed than necessary) he laughed and hooted and hollered because he was so proud that he got a ride and they did not.  he said how earlier they had all gotten rides with mitzi and he had to walk.  now he was no less than elated at the thought the he (and only he) got to ride with me while the others would inevitably have to walk home.


it made me laugh.  and i thought to myself, as much as i sometimes get frustrated by the childishness that goes on at school, there's nothing quite as grand as that childlike spirit that finds pure pleasure in some of the simplest things.

1 comment:

leah said...

this made me smile :D

sorry i missed your skype call! we'll chat again soon.