Wednesday, February 15, 2012

never underestimate the power of a good book

after a day of "auditioning" kids, teaching music class, running lines with my drama stars, making several unsuccessful attempts of getting in contact with the embassy (i mean seriously.  what are they here for?), and having boys tell me that i'm not fair and they don't like me when i am too tired to play with them after school (to which i must admit i kind of laugh at... i'm terrible, i know), i curled up on my sofa, chatted with my parents (who mocked me with their condo lanai and perfect florida weather) and my sisters (who's locations where not quite as enticing, though missed deeply), and then spent the rest of my evening with my old friends in mitford.

is that seriously only one sentence?  whoa.


in high school i first started reading jan karon's mitford series and fell in deep love with the characters of this beloved, quaint, and quirky town.  for christmas my mom sent me the first book on radio theater put on by focus on the family, and just like pavlov's dogs i began to salivate over the thought of reading the rest of the series.  so low and behold this week i received a care package by mom (she's a good one) with book #2!  my heart is happy.

4 comments:

leah said...

haha. this is funny! mitford reminds me of driving to summit last year with your parents! (i think i fell asleep, but i'm sure it's wonderful!)

love you girl--miss you!

smw said...

aww. that is so sweet. i loved those books. someday i'll have to reread.

Kyle and Trish said...

I just found the entire series at this missionary hostel place with a loan library....all but the first book! I was so sad :( I've heard they are really good, but I figured it wouldn't really make sense to start with #2...

Leslie Ringger said...

trish, i will FIND a way to get you that first book cause you MUST read the series. so fear not friend :)