Monday, February 9, 2009

DOWN with motivation!

does anyone else feel like their motivation abandons them just when they need it most?  i have had the hugest lack of motivation to get just about anything done lately...to eat healthy...to exercise...to study my Bible...to clean my apartment...to clean my shop...the list goes on and on!  and i'm sick of it!

so mr. motivation (don't know why i associate that word with a male) this is to you...

we're through!  from now on i will pay you no heed!  you've burned me one too many times and i will no longer let you determine whether or not i get something done!  you will rue the day you ever messed with me!  i am determined to live how a see fit and you no longer have the pleasure of being any part of my success!  haa!

....hmm, i wonder if this constitutes as a form of motivation...

4 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

AMEN, sister! I have had a bad case of that too this winter. Good luck with that...it's a hard one to fight!

Love ya!

taryn said...

Oh my word, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I experience it every morning when I wake up at 7 am and think "Well, there's nowhere that I really HAVE to be right now..."

Maybe it runs in the blood of the self-employed???

Taylor said...

your so funny! sometimes motivation follows when you just step out and move even when you don't want to. To some degree I believe what Newton said an object (ie-you)in motion tends to stay in motion and the opposite is true! good luck my friend!

Leslie Ringger said...

glad to hear i'm not alone, girls!

is it the winter, sarah? because i always LOVE the winter and i hate to think it's causing my downfall!

taryn, i do think it runs in the blood of the self-employed, at least when the self-employed is NOT a self-motivator

and taylor, newton was a wise man. what a great application to that quote!