Tuesday, February 17, 2009

what do you do for valentine's day when you don't have a man?

you have a collective date with gilbert blythe!

yes it's true. this valentine's day some friends and i decided it was high time we had an "anne of green gables" marathon...minus "the continuing story" which was a bitter disappointment! i even lit some candles to create atmosphere. (it was very romantic without the man...or as i like to call it, rotic)

it was a wonderful 9 hours (yes, i said 9) with some dear friends that i rarely have the pleasure of hanging out with...and some girls that i don't know very well at all, but had so much fun with! our list of events went as follows:

5:30 - started "anne of green gables: part 1" (green hair and all)

7:00 - started "anne of green gables: part 2" (oh matthew! *tear*)

9:00 - ZUMBA! (we couldn't very well spend the whole time watching movies w/out a little exercise! unfortunately i didn't think to capture this with my camera, but rest assured it was quite a sight)

9:30 - started "anne of green gables, the sequel: part 1" (that jen pringle is just plain creepy!)

12:30 - started "anne of green gables, the sequel: part 2" (ahh...that blessed bridge) complete with ice cream sundaes! (kudos to tara!)

the evening ended at a very late, but very fulfilling 2:30am. as i flopped into my comfy pillow top i felt very happy indeed with visions of a simpler time and words like "tragical" filling my sleepy head. goodnight miss anne with an e.

3 comments:

Tami said...

i was exhausted just reading the schedule...i hate to admit that i'm not as young as i used to be. :( i'm glad you had a great night! what a fun group of gals.

sarah.flyingkites said...

Oh my. We JUST finished this movie last night (we started it on Saturday)

It still remains my favorite movie, but I told Klint I don't want to watch it again for 10 years. It SERIOUSLY makes me SO DEPRESSED. I cry and cry and cry and cry. Especially on the first movie. 2 of the nights, after we watched it, I was so depressed we had to quickly watch something 'happier' because I couldn't go to bed on that note :)

It is a classic, tear-jerker - I love it!!!

(Thanks for your recommendation on NOT watching the 3rd...Klint wants to, but I think I'd regret it)

"Friends, huh? I thought we were kindred spirts." So sad!!

Great post!

Leslie Ringger said...

sarah, you make me laugh!

"we'd end up like two old crows, bickering all the time!"
those poor kids :)

and stick to your guns, girl! klint, trust me! the 3rd one is NO GOOD!