Tuesday, February 9, 2010

i hope this doesn't freak out my family


do you ever feel like your life is very small... i do.

i mean i've had the opportunity to do many things, but when it comes down to it, my life is virtually free of any great risk, and sometimes i wonder why.

am i too comfortable with where and what i am?
am i afraid of what risk could signify, afraid of disappointing those i might have to leave behind?

i feel restless and extremely tied down, like a boat tied to the dock while the current is desparately trying to free me.

the question is, am i waiting for my Captain to untie and guide me on a great adventure... or am i refusing to let go of the dock?

i honestly don't know.

i don't really expect any answers. just trying to iron out my own thoughts... and since i don't write in a journal, you all get to partake in my soul searching. take it for what it's worth.

6 comments:

Jami said...

Some good soul searching there Leslie. I am not freaked out. :) But I do love you and will pray for clarity for you, my dear sister! :)

Marla said...

No freaking out here. But the hardest things to do when you are waiting for clarity, is to just simply wait. Bummer, huh?

megs @ whadusay said...

I'm am FREAKING OUT!!!

:)

Jami said...

megan you're funny! :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

When LESLIE says, "my life is virtually free of any great risk"...that's pretty bad.


It makes my life seem VERY boring.

:)

Love you Leslie!

Leslie Ringger said...

oh sarah :) love you too!