Saturday, February 6, 2010

mom, are you proud of me?

hello all my faithful followers.

it is official.

i am a real live bonafide blogger.

"why?" you ask

well... i am guest blogging on someone else's blog. wow, i feel just like lysa terkeurst saying that. granted our blog readership combined totals somewhere around 10, but i like to celebrate my little victories.

so for those of you who are interested, tyler (who went with our group to zambia, and who by the way is still there) has been blogging about our trip and i volunteered my memories of our last day with the kids.

so here it is...

Friday was our last day to spend with the kids and when we got to the school we did the usual songs before breakfast. It was fun to see how well the kids knew some of our american songs after only 4 days of singing them. I was still lost on their songs, but I pulled off a pretty convincing “watermelon, watermelon…”

After the singing John told the kids that the Americans were going to go hide and then they would find us and we’d have a special “talk.” I think this made our whole team a little apprehensive. I immediately had flashbacks of a Ukraine trip where we had a scavenger hunt which involved tieing the american boys to trees in the woods. One of our guys was tied for 2 hours before his team found him! (continue here)

No comments: