Monday, February 15, 2010

oh dear

today i had my second of hopefully many guitar lessons. i am very excited about this new addition to my life and how it will affect my impressing-those-around-me skills.

anyway, my teacher and i were strumming away at a song i practiced for this week and suddenly my guitar made a happy (well, not so happy) "ping" sound.

i assumed i had just done something wrong and was about to continue when my teacher in a very panicked tone (well not really panicked, but adamant) said "whoa, whoa... stop!"

"what happened?" i asked dumbly

"um... your guitar just broke"

yep, right there approximately 5 minutes into my lesson i had a broken guitar. thankfully we were in the back of a music shop so he took my baby up front for them to fix it and let me use his... saweet! and they still don't have it done so he let me take his home until mine's fixed! i know!

so now i'm kind of freaking out that i will somehow ruin his guitar by merely looking at it, and am determined to practice super hard so his guitar lending is not in vain. yes, i see the irony.

apparently he has never had a student's guitar break mid lesson. so i think it's pretty cool to be the first... you know... make a lasting impression.

1 comment:

smw said...

oh my funny leslie.

so you may be coming out soon with tam?!