Monday, February 8, 2010

my favorite card... ever

so in zambia there is this boy named haggai. (you can check out his story here)

when i saw him i recognized him from the video linked above, but didn't really have an opportunity to interact other than a smile here and there. on day three the lesson was encouragement and the craft was to write an encouragement card for a staff member or someone you appreciate. coincidentally a few americans got some too (we really didn't tell them to do that).

anyway, after the craft was over haggai walked up to me and handed me this:





which is [a poorly taken picture of] a card with animal stickers on it





i thought it was so sweet! so i put my arm around him, thanked him, and then opened the card to read:

Dear Leslie

I love you so math
God bless you Leslie

Haggai

...yep, i think i will keep this card forever.

1 comment:

teresa said...

yes, it's a keeper.